A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Find Good Online Freelance Writing Jobs
To start a new career is always difficult. However, to start your freelancing career can be trickier than anything. There are so many aspects to consider, that it will take weeks until you can manage everything. On the other hand, there are so many satisfactions. You can create your own program, you choose how much to work, you decide what jobs to take or refuse. There is no boss to pressure you, and you communicate directly with the client. It sounds great, right? Well, to find some good online writing jobs, follow this guide:
- - Establish your nice. You want to write on any topic, but how many subjects can you actually handle in professional way? Before you apply for a job, you have to think about what you have to offer. Nobody wants a mediocre freelancer. Choose your main niche, observe the topics that are easy for you and focus on them. You have plenty of time later to widen your horizons.
- - Choose the right platform. There are many freelance platforms, but not all of them are optimized for writers. There are some websites where most of the clients search for web designers, and this is what you want to avoid. Also, make sure that the website has a secure payment system; in this way both you and your client will be protected.
- - Create a catchy profile. You don’t have to write every detail of your education to attract clients. You just have to present yourself in a fun, interesting and professional way. This might take some practice, but you can change your description as often as you want until you are completely satisfied.
- - Build a good portfolio. Many writers make the same mistake: they just collect a few articles and call this a portfolio. This is not how it should be. Your portfolio is what will convince the clients to hire you, so it needs to be excellent from every point of view. The content that you put there needs to be impeccable, focusing on different topics.
- - Provide a picture. This small detail can really bring you a few jobs. Clients tend to trust more the writers that show their face. Of course, the picture needs to be professional, without pets or friends around you. Choose a picture with you smiling, in a casual outfit.